22 September, 2010

Welcome, bienvenue!

Well hello, glad you found your way here.  For reference, any links that will significantly aid your understanding of my posts will be bolded.

For the next 7+ months, I will be living in France, working for the French government as an assitante d'anglais (English language assistant).  Out of the three académie preferences I gave in my application (France is divided into 30 "Académies," by the ministry of education), I found out on April 6th that I had been placed in the Académie de Dijon.  On July 20th, I found out that I would be working in Dijon at two different high schools, and on September 4th I secured housing.  Whew!

During my "séjour en France" (my stay in France), I will try to keep this blog updated with pictures and anecdotes of the things that I do.  I am writing this post one week after entering France, so I have a little catching up to do.  However, to facilitate comprehension of the timeline, I will be backdating the first few posts.

You may or may not be aware that I'm kind of paranoid about releasing personal information on the internet, especially in public forums.  I therefore enter into the blogosphere very hesitantly.  I haven't completely figured out how I want to use this form of communication, so we will have to see how it evolves.

Written 1/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment