I should be completing the Jeopardy powerpoint for HF's English Club tomorrow (first meeting!), but I got distracted by a news article.
Courtesy of iGoogle, here's an article from Le Monde "A la une" (front-page news) - Un chat américain kleptomane a volé 600 objets (American kleptomaniac cat steals over 600 objects!) The article's in French, but the video is in English from Animal Planet.
Google, how did you know that I would like news (in French) about kitties and America? It's like you're tracking my Youtube account through my French IP address and noticing that I have watched numerous cute videos about cats, many of which are English language. Not to mention cat pictures. Hmm. That's 16:57 of videos linked, in case you were wondering how long you would be distracted.
In other (actually front-page worthy) news, I received my Carte Vitale today! The Carte Vitale is a French person's medical insurance card, and therefore like gold. Yeah, baby! Considering that I arrived in September, and the card arrived today, that's only... five months earlier than expected.
(No, seriously - a previous assistant's living with Isabelle didn't arrive until months after she had gone home)
Also, February vacation starts for me tomorrow afternoon! I'm going to Paris to visit Aliette, then ENGLAND with Katie, then somewhere in Brittany, maybe Rennes and Quimper. This week has been expensive due to some shopping on my part, and the tourism of the next few weeks will only add to the toll, I'm guessing *shrug*
I totally had to LOL when I moved the mouse over the various links. I thought it would just be one clip, but then saw how each word is a separate video. :-P
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on the Carte Vitale! I still haven't gotten mine either and I've been here for nearly a year. Eek!
Have a great trip to La Bretagne!
-Barb the French Bean