I made a second Far Breton aux pruneaux last December for a French holiday party and took a picture this time; it was super well received! I was asked if I was bretonne even. Un tel compliment!
| This time I added more prunes and put dollops of button on top before baking: the little sunburst patterns are from the butter. |
Over the holidays I received a much longed-for pizza stone and pizza peel, which has made my bread-baking process even easier! I love fresh baked bread. My roommate's current favourite is my simple whole wheat bread (she made the slashes on this loaf, which turned out very well).
In addition to making normal bread loaves, last week I made homemade bread bowls for the first time. So good! This was one time I allowed myself to cut the bread while still hot, since soup was going inside immediately. The result? Deliciousness!
More on soup and breadbowls in my next post. Recipe included!
Your bread-baking skillz are better than mine. Like, no joke. o_O Mes félicitations, J!
ReplyDelete(As a side note: part of growing into the French culture is becoming more aware of good foods and learning how to creat them. I'd say the Dijonnaise in you is alive and kickin'!)
-Barb