20 December, 2010

Happy Holidays, Joyeux Fetes!

Today I (fingers crossed!) fly home for the holiday vacation.

Annabelle told me about a "lights and sound" show at Place de la Liberation that's put on for Christmas, and I was eager to go see it.  I'm glad she told me, or else I would have missed it!  Since my classes finish mid-afternoon, I'm not usually out around downtown at 18h (6PM), which is when the first of three shows starts.  I saw the show on Friday with Barbara and Sara and Alicia (woo, special appearance!) who was in town for the weekend.  For anyone who I introduced Alicia to that day but didn't catch the connection, we studied abroad together and now she's in her second year of being an assistant.

Anyway, the lights show was fun to see, even if I kept on noticing things that were not particularly well thought out.  Everyone's legs were moving faster than they were walking, but at least that was consistent.  See if you can spot the horse wagon whose wheels turn WAY faster than the horse is walking, and the interaction between Remi and Santa didn't seem quite polished.  Hey Mallory, maybe you can make one of these next year!  ETA: the entire show was over 20 minutes, and youtube only allows 15, so I had to trim it down.  It took a long time to get the upload to work, so that's why this post is being finished in mid-January.

Hopefully this video of the lights show is better quality than the video from the Christmas market.  Make sure to select "HD" to view it in its full glory!

Fellow assistants, I'll see you in 2011!  Family, school friends and others, hopefully I'll see you in the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment